Membership Audition Requirements
Registration for Auditions- click here!
Audition Fees are $25 (non-refundable) for each student auditioning and are due upon check in for your audition. Payment may be made in the form of cash (exact change only), credit card or personal check made payable to Vision Publications/MAYWE.
For membership/tuition information, click here.
TO PAY FEE/TUITION ONLINE, click here.
MAYWE Wind Auditions:
1. Two contrasting excerpts totaling approximately three minutes. The difficulty of the excerpts should reflect the musician’s ability.
2. Three major scales of your choice played throughout the practical range of the instrument in quarter notes at a tempo of quarter note = 60 (slowly). The articulation is your choice.
Please note the following:
• For flute players, piccolo is optional but very strongly encouraged. Any musician who chooses to audition on piccolo should choose one additional short excerpt for that instrument
MAYWE Percussionist Auditions:
1. A snare drum excerpt and a mallet percussion excerpt totaling approximately three minutes. The difficulty of the excerpts should reflect the musician’s ability.
2. Sightreading on either snare drum or xylophone (musician’s choice).
We are pleased to announce that MAYWE will be rehearsing weekly at North Atlanta High School. Auditions will be held in the performing arts wing of the NAHS campus. Please park in the parking deck and follow the directional signs posted. A MAYWE representative will greet you and will direct you to the warm up and audition rooms. We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled audition time in order to park and warm up.
North Atlanta High School is conveniently located just off the I-75 and Mt. Paran Road.
The street address for GPS use is 4111 Northside Pkwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30327. Please park in the parking deck and proceed across the bridge to the performing arts center.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you will be traveling on the I-75 so please check current delays and travel times the day of your audition at www.georgia-navigator.com. Please allow for adequate travel time.