Audtions: Sept. 10-12 at Riverwood HS
Please read the information on this page…
THEN, CLICK HERE
TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR AN AUDITION
Membership Audition Requirements
Registration for Auditions is now available!
Audition Fees are $25 (non-refundable) for each student auditioning and are due upon check in for your audition. Payment may be made in the form of cash (exact change only), credit card or personal check made payable to Vision Publications/MAYWE.
For membership/tuition information, click here.
MAYWE Wind Auditions:
1. Two contrasting excerpts totaling approximately three minutes. The difficulty of the excerpts should reflect the musician’s ability.
2. Three major scales of your choice played throughout the practical range of the instrument in quarter notes at a tempo of quarter note = 60 (slowly). The articulation is your choice.
Please note the following:
• For flute players, piccolo is optional but very strongly encouraged. Any musician who chooses to audition on piccolo should choose one additional short excerpt for that instrument
MAYWE Percussionist Auditions:
1. A snare drum excerpt and a mallet percussion excerpt totaling approximately three minutes. The difficulty of the excerpts should reflect the musician’s ability.
2. Sightreading on either snare drum or xylophone (musician’s choice).
We are pleased to announce that MAYWE will rehearsing weekly at Riverwood International Charter School. Thus, auditions will be held in the band room on the Riverwood International Charter School campus. Directional signs will be posted. A MAYWE representative will greet you and will direct you to the warm up and audition rooms. We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled audition time in order to park and warm up.
Riverwood is conveniently located just off the perimeter/285 between New Northside Drive and Riverside Drive. Parking is free. The physical address of Riverwood International Charter School is 5900 Raider Drive Sandy Springs, GA 30328
PARKING IS FREE. When you turn onto campus from Raider Drive, take the entrance by the front of the school (not the bus port) and park in the upper lot to the right. From that parking lot you will see two buildings, a dark brick and a light brick. The band room is on the back corner of the dark brick building closest to the new, light brick building.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you will be traveling on the perimeter/285, please check current delays and travel times the day of your audition at www.georgia-navigator.com. Please allow for adequate travel time.