Congratulations on your acceptance into MAYWE! You are among the elite high school musicians in the greater Atlanta area. You should be extremely proud of your musical accomplishments.
Our season will begin with a mandatory parent/musician meeting and first rehearsal on Monday, September 12th at 7:15 pm in the Aderhold Learning Center at Georgia State University. Students will meet in Room 405 and the Parent Meeting will be in Room 430. Rehearsal will conclude at 9 p.m. The parent meeting includes an informational meeting reviewing policy and rehearsal matters and will conclude with the process of submission of payments and forms.
Directions and parking information can be found on the MAYWE website: www.maywe.org.
Invoices have been emailed to those who included email contact info as part of the online audition registration. One can save time at the meeting by paying the tuition (online via the link provided on the invoice) prior to the meeting on Monday.
Please note the following:
- This is the only meeting that MAYWE will have for the entire year and it is mandatory that at least one parent be present.
- The following forms were distributed at the audition and should be completed and turned in at the meeting:
- Parent & Musician Contract
- Medical Waiver and General Release
- Credit Card Authorization Form, if this is how you are paying tuition
- Additionally, the following forms attached for your review:
- Ensemble Etiquette
- Absence Notification Form – to be turned in for any known absences
- Tuition is the sole source of operating revenue for MAYWE. Checks should be made payable to VISION PUBLICATIONS. This season’s tuition is $450.00 but a 15% discount is applied to all payments received on or before September 12th for a cost of $382.50
If tuition is not paid in full utilizing the early bird discount, then a COMMITMENT FEE OF $250 is due on September 12, 2016 to secure a position in the ensemble with the balance of the final $200 due no later than October 3, 2016. Parents may, if necessary, take advantage of the payment plan listed on the credit card authorization form.
Be sure to leave early to give yourself enough travel and parking time. If you are early there is a Starbucks in the Equitable Building directly across the street from Aderhold. Restaurants (Jimmy Johns, Moe’s, Subway, Rosa’s Pizza, etc.) are also available on Broad street also next to Aderhold.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you all on September 12th at 7:15 pm.