Please read the information on this page…
THEN, CLICK HERE
TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR AN AUDITION
Membership Audition Requirements
Registration for Auditions will be available online beginning August 10th, 2016
Audition Fees are $25 (non-refundable) for each student auditioning. Auditions will be held on the following dates at the Georgia State University School of Music:
Sunday, August 28: 1-5pm
Monday, August 29: 6:00pm-9:00pm
Tuesday, August 30: 6:00pm-9:00pm
For tuition information, click here.
MAYWE 2016 Wind Auditions:
1. Two contrasting excerpts totaling approximately three minutes. The difficulty of the excerpts should reflect the musician’s ability.
2. Three major scales of your choice played throughout the practical range of the instrument in quarter notes at a tempo of quarter note = 60 (slowly). The articulation is your choice.
Please note the following:
• For flute players, piccolo is optional but very strongly encouraged. Any musician who chooses to audition on piccolo should choose one additional short excerpt for that instrument
MAYWE 2016 Percussionist Auditions:
1. A snare drum excerpt and a mallet percussion excerpt totaling approximately three minutes. The difficulty of the excerpts should reflect the musician’s ability.
2. Sightreading on either snare drum or xylophone (musician’s choice).
We are pleased to announce that MAYWE will return to Georgia State University as a guest resident ensemble. Thus, auditions will be held in the Standard Building on the Georgia State University campus. A MAYWE representative will greet you in the lobby of the Standard Building and will direct you to the warm up and audition rooms. We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled audition time in order to park and warm up.
The physical address of the Standard Building is 91 Fairlie Street. The building sits on the corner of Luckie and Fairlie Streets, on the same block as and just behind the Rialto Center for the Performing Arts.
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING:
A map with complete directions and parking information is attached to this email. If you are not familiar with downtown Atlanta or the Georgia State campus, we suggest you follow the directions in the attached map as they indicate the most direct route off the highway.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you will be traveling on the connector (I75/I85 North or South), please check current delays and travel times the day of your audition at www.georgia-navigator.com. Road construction is abounding in the downtown area. Please allow for adequate travel time.